Everyone wants and loves a high-speed internet. The telecom industry is working so hard to make it even faster. Every person wants a stable connection to the internet. So, there arise the needs for the next generation of the wireless signal, which will be named as 5G. It is the mobile generation next to 4G.
The 5G is a wireless connection which is just like 3G and 4G but with a high speed of internet connection. It will not only connect your smartphone and computer to the internet but smartphone and other devices to the internet. Some of these devices include door locks, cameras used for security, the collar of a dog, cars and other devices to the internet. It is predicted that till 2020 there are about 20 billion devices that will be connected to the wireless network. It is said that now 6 billion devices are connected to the wireless network.
What is a 5G technology?
The 5G technology is expecting after 2020. The 5G stands for the wireless network of the 5th generation. Every company is now investing and working on 5G mobiles. Based on the IEEE 802.11 ac, it is the newest and next generation of wireless network mobile standard which stands for the fifth generation.
The G in the 5G stands for generation. The mobile generation was started with 1G. The 1G mobile was introduced in 1980. The second generation was introduced in 1990. The 3G mobile was introduced in the 2001 and 4G/LTE was introduced in 2010. The 2G mobiles were shut by the AT&T in 2017. We are moving forward with latest, advanced and new technology.
In the 2G mobiles, the cellular devices are used to send messages to each other. The 3G mobile helps people to make the phone calls send messages and use the internet service. It is then enhanced a lot and there comes the 4G mobile. It helps in surfing the internet, making calls, send messages and the user can even download and upload the videos. The 4G mobile is a long-term evolution, therefore, the companies added a short-term LTE to the word 4G. The most reliable and fastest form of 4G is the LTE.
It is said that the fifth generation of mobile will work with a speed of 20 G/bps or may be higher than this. This generation of mobile will use the new bands of frequency. It will also use the wider bandwidth spectrum for each channel of frequency.
There will be a lot of advancement done for the 5G mobile. Some of these include:
- The high increase in the fragment rate of the peak
- The data volume per unit area is larger i.e. the spectral efficiency of the system is higher
- It will connect more devices at the same time.
- The consumption of the battery is low
- The people will get better connectivity
- The development cost of infrastructure will be low
- The trustworthiness of the communication will be higher.
With the use of this wider channel of bandwidth, it will support the higher speed that can be up to the level of 10Gbps. The coverage of the 5G Wi-Fi will be higher, consistent and nearby.
According to the GSMA, a mobile should meet the following criteria to be a 5G. This includes:
- It comes with an availability of 99.99 percent
- The coverage should be 100 percent
- The delay from end to end round trip will be of 1 millisecond.
- It can connect 10 to 100x devices at a time
- The bandwidth per unit area will be 1000x.
- The speed should be more than 10 Gbps.
- The energy of the network usage should be reduced
- The battery life of 5G mobiles should be up to 10 years.
5G technologies use in the mobile
There are some techniques and technologies that are developed for the 5G. These technologies will make it more flexible. Some of these technologies are:
- Millimeter wave communications: The wider channel of a bandwidth can be obtained by using the higher frequency from the spectrum. It helps in open the spectrum more than before. This helps in obtaining the 1 to 2 GHz of bandwidth. We are now using 2 GHz of frequency and 20 MHz of bandwidth. So, for 5G the frequencies will more than 50 GHz.
- Waveforms: The waveform used in the 4G LTE is the OFDM. The waveforms we have are not perfect. The overall performance of 5G can be increased if the OFDMA is used in place of OFDM.
- Multiple Accesses: there is the number of 5G techniques is developed for multiple access. The OFDMA is the perfect format.
- Massive MIMO with Beam steering: In the application of LTE to Wi-Fi MIMO is used. The antennas are very limited. This frequency helps in increasing the number of antennas in the device. This will improve a lot of performance.
- Dense network: The spectrum can use more effectively by reducing the cell size. The overall performance of the network increases by adding number of cells.
Is 5G is faster than 4G?
Yes, 5G is faster than 4G. The speed of the 4G LTE is 1 Gbps. So, if you want to download a video then it will take about an hour. There are many reasons behind the slow speed of the signal. It can be due to the interruption of the building, electronic equipment, and many other things. The speed of 5G, on the other hand, is 10 Gbps. The 5G can download a video in just a few seconds. This clearly means that 5G is faster than 4G mobiles.
When will it come to India?
The 5G mobiles phones are still in processing. It is available in some parts of the US and other countries. The first 5g smartphoneis the ZTE gigabit phone. It comes with a downloading speed of 1 Gbps. The network of this 5G smartphoneis much better than the 3G and 4G mobile phones. It is just like a step towards the 5G smartphone. This smartphoneis manufactured by a company of China. Many online shopping sites are ready to deal with 5G mobiles with special offers including Flipkart, Amazon, snapdeal, and others.
From some source, it is found that the 5G mobile launch in India 2018 will be at the end of the year. The price of the ZTE will be announced soon. The 5G mobile launches in India with advanced features and the mobile price 5g in India are all different. The 5G mobile in India launch date is exactly not known exactly. The date the 5G phone in India launch date will be announced by the company soon.
The 5G mobiles are already in the testing stage by the AT&T and Verizon. So, it is also predicted that the 5G phones will be available after the year 2020. The 5G mobile launch in India price will be different for different features and specification of mobiles.
What are the Benefits of a 5G Technology?
Every generation of a mobile is faster than the previous one. The 5G mobile will be reliable and faster than the previous one. The 5G mobile will connect machines with each other. It helps a lot of the network of roads and rail. It increases the safety of the people. It comes with the facility of an always-on facility and also saves a lot of energy of the people. The 5G is an advanced form of 4G. It will help the user to download and upload the videos and ultra HD videos at a faster rate.
The main benefits are:
- The 5G phones will be 10 times faster than the 4G. The images and videos can be downloaded at a great speed.
- The user can watch HD videos without any delay.
- The 5G tower would have the capacity to connect more devices with it.
5G Mobile Phones in India
The chip maker company Qualcomm announced that they launched the 5G modem solution in the smartphoneby including their Snapdragon X50 5G NR in it. Many companies get in partnership with this company for launching their 5G smart phones. Some of these companies include Sony, HTC, Asus, ZTE, Vivo, Xiaomi and many others as well. This will enhance the broadband for the mobiles and uses the always-connected mode of the devices. This 5G connection in the mobiles increases the faster downloading, browsing and providing the best quality of video calls.
Few Upcoming 5G mobiles in India
Here are some 5G smartphones that will be coming soon in the Indian market.
- ZTE Gigabit phone: ZTE is a mobile manufacturing company in China. They announced the 5G mobile phones in India in February. This smartphone will work at a speed of more than 1Gbps. It is also said that this phones will be 10 times faster than the 4G as it is using a unique technology. The ZTE 5g in India will be launched soon.
- Redmi 5g Mobile: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
It will expect to be released at the end of the year. From some rumors it is found that it will run on operating system Android v 7.1. It will come with a display screen of 5.5 inches. It can be used for the purpose of games as it will come with a 4GB RAM. It will use the octa-core processor of 1.8 GHz. This Redmi 5G mobile price is expected to be reasonable.
- Le Max 2 Pro Extreme: it is just like 5G Chinese smart phone. It is rumored that 5G smartphoneof this company will be released soon in the current year. It will come with advanced specifications.
- Sony Xperia C6: This 5G smartphonewill be released soon by the sony. It will come with advanced features and specification.
- 5G mobile Nokia: The Company Nokia is back with his new version and features of the smart phone. The first Nokia smartphoneis Nokia 8. This mobile phone will come with the latest 5G technology.
- Samsung 5G Smartphones: The Company Samsung announced the 5G smartphone of Samsung will come at the end of the year 2018. It will run on the operating system of Android v7.0. The company will use the advanced features including excellent quality of the camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and the 5G, 4G, 3G, GPRS options for connectivity. It is also announced that the phone comes with a RAM of4 to 6 GB and internal memory of 64 to 128 GB.
- Vivo 5G mobile phone: The VIVO Company is also working on the 5G vivo smartphoneand it will be launched soon. It will come with advanced features and in the form of the tablet. The company also added the advanced features including scanner of the fingerprint, both cameras of rear and secondary. It will also support the OIS.
- Micromax: this company offers phones in every possible budget with different features and specification.
- Asus: the future of this mobile brand is unpredictable. It company provides 4GB RAM and uses the Intel processor in their mobiles.
- HTC: this mobile phone has a stylish and classy look. It has a very simple user interface and is of good quality.
5G mobiles will change the life of many people. It eliminates the frustration of people due to the slow speed of internet connection. The 5G mobiles are 10 times faster than the 4G mobiles. It will also help to connect a number of connections at the same time and eliminates the level of delay.